Codethink is looking to hire a senior systems administrator to join its Manchester-based Operations team. The Operations Team provide the infrastructure which keeps our development projects running.
Responsibilities would include
- Providing technical support to staff including desktop Linux
- Ongoing maintenance of our current infrastructure (based on Debian, FreeIPA)
- Designing and implementing new systems to cope with our business’s growth
- Contribute to leading our infrastructure endeavours, on both in company and client facing projects
Skills & Requirements
- Strong knowledge and experience of GNU/Linux systems administration (Debian/Ubuntu essential; Fedora/CentOS useful)
- Support for GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac desktop environments
- Provision of private cloud / IaaS infrastructure from bare metal using OpenStack or Kubernetes
- Configuration management and deployment with Ansible, Terraform
- Networking basics (VLANs, firewalls, routing, wifi)
- Engaging with upstream communities to solve problems, especially via IRC
- Intelligent, with excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
The Operations Team look after cross-platform (mostly x86 and ARM) infrastructure onsite and remotely. We aim to provide reliable platforms for the business, using config management and deployment tools. The job is based in our Manchester offices, and involves occasional out-of-hours and off-site support.